[webkit-dev] DOMCrypt

Christoph Martens cmartens at zynga.com
Wed Jul 27 02:29:55 PDT 2011

Well, I think that makes sense... But not for me. I have the opinion that
cloud-hosted keys aren't keys anymore - right?
I mean, man-in-the-middle attacks are the 100% use case when it comes to
encryption due to buggy DNS-protocol that can't be updated.

I also think that this is kinda interesting when it comes to signing
uploads or files from inside a WebApp.
It makes sense to build a JavaScript API for hashing the values - so that
you can transfer data via unencrypted connection - which isn't smart, but
it should gain a low level of security depending on the algorithm.
But I wouldn't trust the hoster if there are plaintext passwords stored on
their servers. That's kinda php4 =/

Do you know which algorithms are planned to be implemented? Are there
twofish, blowfish or similar going to be included as well?

Christoph Martens
JavaScript Engineer, Zynga Germany
Freetime Cyanogen developer, kernel.org core dev and Metasploit hacker

Zynga Game Germany GmbH
An der Welle 4
60322 Frankfurt, Germany
cmartens at zynga.com