[webkit-dev] LayoutTests results fallback graph

Dirk Pranke dpranke at chromium.org
Wed Jul 13 13:21:30 PDT 2011

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 10:01 PM, Dirk Pranke <dpranke at chromium.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 9:01 PM, Adam Barth <abarth at webkit.org> wrote:

>>> Can we create chromium-mac and move everything that's shared between
>>> chromium-mac-leopard and chromium-mac-snowleopard there?
>>> It seems wrong for chromium-mac-leopard to fallback to
>>> chromium-mac-snowleopard.
>>
>> This somewhat surprising fallback strategy is common across ports.
>> The "why" is explained on this wiki page:
>>
>> http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/LayoutTestsSearchPath
>>

> In addition, we do actually have a 'chromium-mac'; we don't have a
> 'chromium-mac-snowleopard'. I think I mixed that in my mind while
> typing this with the apple mac ports, where there are mac-leopard,
> mac-sl, and mac ports (the latter representing lion/future).
>
> Once Lion ships, chromium will undoubtedly add a chromium-mac-snowleopard dir.
>
> -- Dirk

Okay, I pulled together a slightly more comprehensive report ... in
short, we pull things from everywhere. Maybe this is useful to someone
if they want to try and treeify the fallbacks :)

The format should be fairly self-explanatory. It is a rollup report
for all of the baselines, grouped on the combination of ports,
platforms, and type of baselines. The first column is the
port/platform configuration. The second is the location of the test
("generic" means not in a platform/* directory). The third is the type
of baseline for the test, the fourth is the location of the baseline
used, and the fifth is the total # of such baselines in that location.

-- Dirk