[webkit-dev] IDL generation: [Conditional=XXX] vs. #if defined(ENABLE_XXX)

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at webkit.org
Sun Jul 3 23:00:27 PDT 2011

03.07.2011, в 11:24, Patrick Gansterer написал(а):

>>> I see three possible solutions:
>>> 1) Always generate all IDL files.
>>> 2) Change all [Conditional=XXX] to #if define(ENABLE_XXX).
>>> 3) Add the correct #if ENABLE(XXX) around the header includes.
>>
>> (1) used to be the preferred solution. It's so much nicer to not have tons of #if checks at the top of cpp files.
>
> IMHO it's not so important how _generated_ files look, because we shouldn't need to open them.

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing here.

The idea was that all generated files were always created, so there were no #if guards around includes in .cpp files - generated or not. Code generator works perfectly fine for that, so it's unclear to me if there is anything to "fix" in it.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov