[webkit-dev] Does NRWT let you indicate that a test should fail with a particular failure diff?

Adam Roben aroben at apple.com
Fri Jul 1 10:59:48 PDT 2011

When a test starts failing on a bot that uses old-run-webkit-tests, we typically check in expected failure results for that test (e.g., <http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/90235>). That way we can find out if the test's behavior changes in the future even though the test is still failing. This is particularly useful for tests that are actually testing multiple things at once. (Maybe they should be broken up into multiple tests, but that's a different discussion.)

Is there a way to achieve this with new-run-webkit-tests? I know that you can mark a test as an expected failure (either a text diff, or an image diff, or both). Does it let you specify that the test should fail in a particular way?

-Adam