[webkit-dev] Same Origin Restriction on WOFF fonts across WebKit

Tab Atkins Jr. jackalmage at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 15:06:51 PST 2011

The WOFF font specification requires that browsers apply Same Origin
Restrictions (SOR) to WOFF fonts.  So far, Firefox and IE9 follow this
requirement, while we and Opera don't.

As far as I know, our lack of SOR is basically an accident; we
implemented support for WOFF before this requirement was added, and
just haven't gotten around to adding it in yet.

Chrome people seem amenable to applying SOR to WOFF fonts in Chrome.
Is it okay to add this across all our webkit ports?

~TJ