[webkit-dev] coding style and comments

Dirk Pranke dpranke at chromium.org
Thu Jan 27 16:50:29 PST 2011

Two other ways to potentially answer these questions:

1) What are files that you all think *are* well commented? (pointing
at files that aren't probably isn't that useful, and is certainly
meaner ;).

2) One file over in that same directory, is a "filesystem.py" file
that I wrote (most of). I think it's pretty well commented, by python
standards, but I'm curious what others think. I give you permission to
publicly bash me ahead of time ;)

I will also note, as a general thought, that comments should not be
used as documentation where tests can be used instead. Similarly,
people often under-document tests and make them very hard to maintain.

Lastly, I volunteer to take whatever wisdom is offered up on this
thread and aggregate it onto the Wiki ...

-- Dirk