[webkit-dev] coding style and comments

Eric Seidel eric at webkit.org
Thu Jan 27 15:46:11 PST 2011

My personal preference (and I'd love to hear from other contributors)
is that code should ideally be self-documenting.

If I ever find myself writing a "what does this do" comment, I try to
re-write the code to be easier to read.  Normally that means breaking
it into smaller pieces, and using static inline functions with clear
names.

I try to only write comments which either explain "why" (historical
information, bug links, etc.) or FIXME's explaining "what" the code
should do in the future.

-eric