[webkit-dev] How can I view an JSObject via Xcode's debugger?

Frederick C. Lee frederick_lee at apple.com
Tue Jan 25 10:03:25 PST 2011

Environment:   Mac OS X (10.6+)
                         Xcode 3.2.5

Greetings:
    I'm a JavaScript/WebKit <-->ObjC/Cocoa neophyte, snooping within an ObjC/Cocoa program's webView looking for the actual HTML/JavaScript text for study:

(gdb) po [[_webView windowScriptObject] JSObject]
0x117c00000 does not appear to point to a valid object.

I looked up the JSObject type to see that it's an opaque struct.
Is there anyway to view the value of JSObject (contents) via the (gdb) debugger?
...perhaps added a conversion to NSString method?

Regards,
Ric.