[webkit-dev] beforeload & link (esp rel prefetch)

Gavin Peters (蓋文彼德斯) gavinp at chromium.org
Thu Jan 20 18:14:28 PST 2011

My apologies for the confusion: I did indeed mean the Safari extension
incognito that Adam linked to, and not a "mode."

Alexey brought up this extension earlier in the thread as an example of a
use of beforeload that should be permitted.

- Gavin
On Jan 20, 2011 8:55 PM, "Darin Adler" <darin at apple.com> wrote:
> On Jan 20, 2011, at 5:52 PM, Gavin Peters (蓋文彼德斯) wrote:
>
>> [2] I just installed Incognito mode in a local Safari, and sniffed it. I
can confirm requests to blocked domains go straight through; with cookies,
everything. The only place you won't see them is in the document, the DOM &
the Safari resource loading view. So Incognito mode doesn't really stop
tracking right now!

> Safari doesn’t have Incognito mode, so I’m not sure what you’re talking
about here.

> If it’s Private Browsing you are referring to, then yes, that feature
doesn’t even try to stop tracking.