[webkit-dev] make-script-test-wrappers not being maintained

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Tue Jan 18 16:50:55 PST 2011

On Jan 18, 2011, at 4:43 PM, Ryosuke Niwa wrote:

> What kind of diffs you're getting for the wrappers?

All kinds. Most are some small difference between the template and the generated wrapper. An HTML5 DOCTYPE instead of the one in the wrapper. A different relative path that goes up one level further to get the common script pieces. Some of the differences may be significant or intentional, but it’s hard to tell.

> One test I had to use a non-standard wrapper was when the test included some RTL text and I had to specify text encoding type (utf-8) by a meta tag.

Sure, that kind of thing does come up from time to time, and when we do that we are supposed to add exceptions to the script. That way the script won’t keep trying to overwrite the file; this keeps the script usable for others.

We could come up with a new system or refinements to the existing one. There’s nothing written in stone about it. It’s just not working well at the moment.

    -- Darin