[webkit-dev] New mailling list for buildbot events?

William Siegrist wsiegrist at apple.com
Thu Jan 13 19:21:16 PST 2011

On Jan 13, 2011, at 5:41 PM, Ryosuke Niwa wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 5:23 PM, William Siegrist <wsiegrist at apple.com> wrote:
> Some people have asked for a way to get email from build.webkit.org for build events/results. The simplest and easiest-to-maintain way I think to do this is to make a new mailing list and have the master use that for all buildbot notifications. People can subscribe and use mail filters to get what they really want. Admittedly, that list will get pretty noisy. Does anyone have any better ideas or objections?
>
> What kind of messages will be posted on such a mailing list?

It is configurable and the choices are:

* all
	Send mail about all builds, both passing and failing
* change
	Only send mail about builds which change status
* failing
	Only send mail about builds which fail
* warning
	Only send mail about builds which fail or generate warnings
* passing
	Only send mail about builds which succeed
* problem
	Only send mail about a build which failed when the previous build has passed.

-Bill