[webkit-dev] JavaScriptCore has moved: How to avoid merge conflicts

Adam Barth abarth at webkit.org
Sat Jan 1 22:33:44 PST 2011

As of r74855, JavaScriptCore is now located in Source/JavaScriptCore.
If you have outstanding patches to JavaScriptCore, here's what you can
do to avoid merge conflicts:

1) *BEFORE* updating past r74855, create a patch for your change,
either with svn-create-patch or by uploading your patch to
bugs.webkit.org with webkit-patch.

2) Clean your working copy.  I recommend using "webkit-patch clean",
but you can also use svn-unapply, "svn revert", "git reset", or
whatever you're most confortable with.

3) Update to top-of-tree.

4) Apply your patch using svn-apply or "webkit-patch
apply-attachment".  As of r74856, svn-apply is smart enough to
magically apply the JavaScriptCore parts of your patch to
Source/JavaScriptCore.

Please let me know if you have any merge trouble.  Hopefully we've got
things set up so that the move is relatively painless.  Thanks again
for your patience.

Adam