[webkit-dev] code review tool changes

Ojan Vafai ojan at chromium.org
Sun Feb 13 20:52:51 PST 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 6:05 AM, Adam Barth <abarth at webkit.org> wrote:

> Thanks for the feedback.  Please feel encouraged to let me and others
> know how you'd like these tools improved.

Ditto. While I've mostly been addressing the issues the bother me, I do so
in the belief that they likely bother others. The goal is to make the WebKit
project more productive. If there are other bits that slow you down, please
to voice it.

For example, how much do people care about being able to do part of a review
on one computer and finish it on another? It would be relatively
straightforward to save the draft comments to a web server instead of to
localstorage to make this work.

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 9:39 AM, Ojan Vafai <ojan at chromium.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 7:59 AM, Kenneth Russell <kbr at google.com> wrote:
>
>> I just temporarily lost Internet connectivity while uploading a
>> (large) review and when I came back to the review (same browser, etc.)
>> all of my comments were lost. Is this functionality expected to work
>> with Chrome 9 stable?
>>

> When you click the publish button, we clear all the saved drafts. :(
> Otherwise we'd continue showing the draft comments alongside the published
> ones. I suppose I should find a way to make that happen when the publish
> actually succeeds instead.

Fixed. We now only erase draft comments when the publish succeeds.

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 10:49 AM, Oliver Hunt <oliver at apple.com> wrote:
> > I just discovered that the review tool doesn't save the general comments,
> > only inline ones (http://webkit.org/b/54121).  This just got me when I
> > clicked on the style bot to see what style checks had failed and lost my
> > feedback :(

Whoops. This was just an oversight. We now save the overall comments field
as well.