[webkit-dev] Which MIME type is best for JavaScript in WebKit?

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Sat Feb 12 15:01:20 PST 2011

Three regression tests are failing on one of my Macs. For local .js files I am getting the MIME type text/javascript and the tests expect application/x-javascript.

I don’t know why I am getting different results on my computer than on, say, buildbots running the same version of Mac OS X. And also, I am wondering which MIME type is the one we want to see in WebKit for local JavaScript files. I can add Mac-specific code to the ResourceHandle implementation in WebKit to normalize this if that’s helpful.

Does anyone know the answer to this or have a bug number to point me to?

    -- Darin