[webkit-dev] Plugin Troubles with Local Builds vs. Nightly Build Differences

Alex Milowski alex at milowski.org
Thu Feb 10 15:28:43 PST 2011

I've been trying to get some plugins to work with a locally built
version of WebKit without much success.  They do work in the nightly
build and so that makes me think that my configuration or build is
somehow different.

I've noticed that when I use Tools/Scripts/run-safari, the plugin is
launched using:

   /System/Library/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/WebKitPluginAgent

instead of my locally build WebKit.framework from my build directory.
In fact, the 'WebKitPluginAgent'
executable isn't there in my locally built version of 'WebKit.framework'.

Also, I would like to build a version of 'WebKit.app' like the nightly
build.  The nightly build works with these plugins.

I was able to run Tools/BuildSlaveSupport/build-launcher-app but that
put the frameworks in the wrong spot and the sparkle framework wasn't
built.  I was able to move things around a bit to get a working app
but plugins still do not work.

Is there a correct sequence of build steps to reproduce what the
nightly build does to build WebKit.app such that WebKitPluginAgent
also gets built (and hopefully plugins work)?

--
--Alex Milowski
considered."