[webkit-dev] Getting CC-ed on webkit.org/new-inspector-bug

Darin Fisher darin at chromium.org
Thu Feb 10 10:58:13 PST 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 9:16 AM, Antonio Gomes <tonikitoo at gmail.com> wrote:

> It was very common to use this approach on bugzilla.mozilla.org, with each
>> component in the system having its own dummy email address auto-added.  This
>> allows developers to subscribe / unsubscribe from receiving email for
>> various components in the bug system.
>>

> I would *very* much support that.
>

> --
> --Antonio Gomes

What Mozilla does is they set the "QA Contact" field to an email address of
the form <component>@<product>.bugs.  We don't have that field in
bugs.webkit.org, so we'd need to either add it, some other field, or maybe
we could just get by with adding this email address to the CC list.

Using the "QA Contact" was a convenient hack for Mozilla because 1) they
don't need the field for anything else and 2) the email preferences have a
separate column of options for following the "QA Contact".

I have no idea what it would take to setup something like this for
bugs.webkit.org, but I'm hoping that those who do can chime in with their
thoughts.

Regards,
-Darin