[webkit-dev] Aligning User Agent Header changes

laszlo.1.gombos at nokia.com laszlo.1.gombos at nokia.com
Thu Feb 10 07:32:35 PST 2011

Hi,

QtWebKit is considering dropping the language tag part of the User Agent string - following Firefox (http://hacks.mozilla.org/2010/09/final-user-agent-string-for-firefox-4/). I think the WebKit community did a reasonable job at aligning the User Agent string for WebKit based products and I was hoping that we could continue this good habit, so I was wondering what other ports/products would think of this change.

If there is interest we could turn this thread into a wider discussion and consider other User Agent string changes (e.g. dropping "U;" for encryption); my immediate interest is only to deal with the language tag part.

Thanks,
  Laszlo