[webkit-dev] jsc compilation error

Deric Panet-Raymond deric at cranksoftware.com
Fri Feb 4 12:09:39 PST 2011

Hello,

I'm experiencing a link failure when attempting to compile the jsc for
an embedded platform.  The error is as follows;

Linking CXX executable jsc_sb
CMakeFiles/jsc_sb.dir/__/jsc.cpp.o:(.gnu.linkonce.d._ZTI12GlobalObject+0x8):
undefined reference to `typeinfo for JSC::JSGlobalObject'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [JavaScriptCore/shell/jsc_sb] Error 1
make[1]: *** [JavaScriptCore/shell/CMakeFiles/jsc_sb.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I've confirmed that the JSGlobalObject.o is part of the
libjavascriptcore.a and the jsc.cpp.o is linking against this static
lib.  I have also verified that all of the virtual functions declared in
JSGlobalObject.h are defined.  Has anyone else run into this problem?

Here is the compiler info,

mips-linux-uclibc-g++ (GCC) 3.4.6

Thanks.

Deric.