[webkit-dev] Using Visual Studio 2010 for Apple's Windows WebKit port

Adam Roben aroben at apple.com
Tue Feb 1 06:31:59 PST 2011

On Jan 31, 2011, at 9:04 PM, Jeremy Orlow wrote:

> How hard will the transition be?  If it's going to take a lot of time and cause a lot of churn anyway, would this be a good time to try and make that port use GYP or CMake?  (I assume the answer is probably no, but figured it was worth asking anyway. :-)

VS2010 includes a project conversion wizard that can convert projects from VS2005 (and presumably VS2008) format to VS2010. We've tried it previously on WebKit and it seemed to work just fine with only minor issues.

The goal of having fewer project files is a worthy one, however. Patrick Gansterer offered to code up a patch to build Apple's Windows port using the existing CMake build system, which will be very interesting to see!

-Adam