[webkit-dev] Making overflow clipping cheaper

Julien Chaffraix julien.chaffraix at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 11:21:45 PST 2011

Hi Kenneth,

> As you probably are aware, some mobile ports paint their own overlay
> scroll indicators and do scrolling on the UI side (div overflow using
> a separate layer)
>
> Would it be possible to refactor this code in a way that it would
> simplify the code paths for these ports? maybe avoiding it altogether.
> Currently there is a lot of scrolling code in FrameView/ScrollView etc
> as well which we avoid call when delegatesScrolling() is true.

It looks like a neat goal but not something I had in mind to be frank.
I can see how we could use such a refactoring to simplify the
situation but I am not sure it would be wise to do it as part of the
same change: there are likely issues inside WebCore to this migration
without involving the WebKit/ layer.

Thanks,
Julien