[webkit-dev] WebKit branch to support multiple VMs (e.g., Dart)

Zoltan Herczeg zherczeg at inf.u-szeged.hu
Mon Dec 5 23:56:15 PST 2011

> It's not quite true that multiple languages are exposed to the web. One
> Turing-complete language is exposed, and any Turing-complete language can
> be compiled to any other Turing-complete language. The fact that some
> developers compile their favorite languages to JS doesn't mean that we
> should support all of them natively.

Such a complicated way to say no :)

Actually I agree with those who think this would be too much burden on the
project. Both in terms of maintainability and performance. However,
setting up your own branch somewhere you have access should not be a
trouble. We do that all the time when we need custom features. If your
project will be successful, we could add A+ to the supported languages ;)

Regards,
Zoltan