[webkit-dev] naming conventions for reftests and the w3c test suites

Ryosuke Niwa rniwa at webkit.org
Thu Dec 1 16:56:50 PST 2011

I've talked with plinss on IRC and confirmed that we can assume any files
that do not match either one of the following criteria as tests:

   - Not in a subdirectory of a directory named support, reference, or
   reftest
   - Filename doesn't start with ref- or notref-
   - Filename doesn't end with -ref.* or -nonref.*

i.e. we're okay as long as someone adds new tests that violates this
convention.

In fact, he told me that this convention is MUST. Every new non-test
reference file MUST end with ref- or nonref-. Apparently it's not worded
properly on the said page.

- Ryosuke