[webkit-dev] New feature flag proposal: Joystick API

Scott Graham scottmg at chromium.org
Wed Aug 24 09:39:01 PDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 9:19 AM, Simon Fraser <simon.fraser at apple.com>wrote:

> I think it's too early to implement this. We should wait until it's a W3C
> draft at least.

There's certainly work to be done in improving the design. I'm not proposing
to slavishly implement the API exactly as specified there.

However, I would like to prototype and help with the design of this API by
iterating an implementation in the Chromium port.

Is a feature flag inappropriate for this? i.e. Should that sort of prototype
work be kept downstream indefinitely or until we have a draft spec?

scott