[webkit-dev] Chromium Mac moving to Skia

Adam Barth abarth at webkit.org
Thu Aug 18 12:24:26 PDT 2011

To update this thread:

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 11:31 AM, Adam Barth <abarth at webkit.org> wrote:
> Hi WebKit,
>
> In an effort to make the Chromium port more consistent across
> platforms, we're moving the Chromium Mac port from CoreGraphics to
> Skia.  This should mostly have little effect on the rest of the WebKit
> community, but you'll be seeing some patches shortly that shuffle a
> bunch of test expectations around so that we can make the transition
> carefully and avoid regressions.  Specifically, we're planing to do
> the following:
>
> 1) Move the chromium-mac and chromium-mac-leopard results directories
> to chromium-mac-cg and chromium-mac-cg-leopard, respectively.  This
> will let use keep both CG and Skia results during the transition so
> that we can compare them and avoid regressions.
> 2) Introduce MACCG modifies for test_expectations.  This will let use
> have separate expectations for CG and Skia.
> 3) Introduce new chromium-mac and chromium-mac-leopard results
> directories, which will correspond to the new Skia configuration.

^^^ We've completed these three steps.  We're now waiting for the the
Chromium infrastructure folks to bring up some Skia testing bots so we
can populate these new directories with Skia results.

Moving the chromium-mac result directories caused more of a disruption
that I expected in that it apparently broke the git WebKit mirror.
I'd like to apologize for the disruption.  We've done SVN server-side
moves before, so I'm not entirely sure why this one caused a problem.
If any git experts understand what went wrong and can tell me how to
avoid this problem in the future, I would be very appreciative.

The only other large single operation in this process is when we
delete the CG results.  Hopefully that won't trigger the same issue.

Thank you again for your patience.

Adam