[webkit-dev] Current legacy argument refactoring -- behavior changes?

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Fri Aug 5 11:12:48 PDT 2011

Hi Mark.

I assume that the legacy argument refactoring you are doing right now has a goal of no behavior changes. But I’ve noticed some cases where arguments are not marked optional in a few of the patches. Possibly I misunderstood the patch. One example was arguments in canvas rendering context functions.

If you we want to make behavior changes, I think it would be done in a patch without other refactoring. I’m sure we’ll want to change at least some, but not mixed in with the refactoring under “accidental cover of darkness”.

I have two questions:
- Did any of the recent refactoring patches change behavior?
- Do you know if have test coverage for the optional arguments?

    -- Darin