[webkit-dev] CSS reflections alpha mask

Mateusz Pedzierski mpedzierski at volantis.com
Wed Apr 27 06:05:45 PDT 2011

Hi all,

AFAIK third component of -webkit-box-reflect property can be used to overlay the reflection. My investigation showed that current implementation applies alpha mask to the content(original object) before reflecting it. Descriptions and examples of -webkit-box-reflect usage I've found at webkit.org/blog and developer.apple.com say that mask isn't applied to the content but to the reflection. This is important for page author to know if the mask will be mirrored together with the content or not.
My question is if the current approach (applying mask to content before creating reflection) is considered as the correct one and will be supported by WebKit in future releases?

--
Mateusz Pedzierski

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify the system administrator at administrator at antennasoftware.com