[webkit-dev] new-run-webkit-tests new results.html format

Ojan Vafai ojan at chromium.org
Fri Apr 22 11:04:03 PDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 10:05 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs at apple.com> wrote:

> On Apr 21, 2011, at 4:47 PM, Ojan Vafai wrote:
>
> On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 4:21 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs at apple.com> wrote:
>
> (2) Slow to load (apparently it loads a 3 meg JSON file before displaying
>> anything?)

> though.
>

> I'm on a laptop. On my home WiFi, it takes 5-15 seconds.

Yikes.

> For context, we reuse the JSON file that's used for the test runtime
> treemaps, which means we need an entry for each test. That json will will
> get .5 meg smaller shortly. There are a number of approaches to make this
> smaller if needed. Some options would be to generate a separate JSON file,
> or to make the data format in the existing json file more compact.
>
> It seems to me that only data on unexpected failures should be needed for
> initial display. Making the page load fast seems more important than
> convenience of reusing an existing JSON file. I hope you will agree that
> 5-15 second load time is not acceptable. I'm sure it would be even worse in
> poor network conditions, where even the old-style pages can be a challenge
> to load. I would also like to be able to look at results pages on my iPhone
> or iPad without invoking the OOM killer.

This should be relatively straightforward to fix. I'll ping again in a day
or two when it's done. I expect we should be able to get comparable, if not
smaller size than the old style pages.

> (3) I like PrettyPatch format better than wdiff format.
>>

> This is orthogonal. new-run-webkit-tests will use whichever one is
> available on the system. The results.html file will display whichever one
> was used.
>
> What would the bots display if this is deployed?

I'm not 100% sure. Dirk can confirm, but I believe it will use whichever one
is on the system. So, if the bot has pretty-patch, but not wdiff, it would
only show the pretty-patch link. The Chromium bot I linked to has wdiff, but
not pretty-patch, hence the wdiff links.

Ojan