[webkit-dev] checksum files are no longer used by layout tests

Tony Chang tony at chromium.org
Thu Apr 21 14:11:49 PDT 2011

I've just committed the change to run-webkit-tests (old and new) to have it
ignore .checksum files and instead read image checksums from png files.
 This is why there were big checkouts during the last few days as I was
updating the old .png files to have checksums embedded.  I'll be doing a
follow up commit that deletes all the existing .checksum files from the tree
since they are no longer needed.

This should involve no action on your part.  run-webkit-tests (old and new)
should no longer generate .checksum files for new tests or when using
--reset-results.

If you have a patch already created that includes a .checksum file, it's OK
to commit it.  run-webkit-tests will ignore the .checksum file and I will
come by later and delete the .checksum file.

As a reminder, if you need to actually see the checksum value, you can use
Tools/Scripts/read-checksum-from-png.

Let me know if you see any problems.

tony