[webkit-dev] Commit Queue Outage

Ryosuke Niwa rniwa at webkit.org
Fri Apr 15 12:10:38 PDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 10:50 AM, Adam Barth <abarth at webkit.org> wrote:

> That means we'd likely need to switch the commit-queue over to using one of
> the Linux ports.  The consequences of switching ports are somewhat difficult
> to foresee, which is why we're being cautious.

While this might result in less test coverage on commit-queue (since non-Mac
ports tend to miss few DRT features), it might result in more test coverage
overall because the majority of us develop and run tests on Mac (AWAIK) and
there are non-Mac behaviors we can't test.

For example, running tests on GTK/Qt on commit-queue will certainly help us
landing editing patches more safely because we've had few editing
regressions that only reproduce on non-Mac ports.

- Ryosuke