[webkit-dev] Dropping support for WML?

James Robinson jamesr at google.com
Tue Apr 12 21:03:50 PDT 2011

I have a related question - what sort of test coverage is there for WML
currently on the core bots?  Do any of the core bots compile with WML
enabled?  I've made and reviewed a few changes to WML code made parallel to
changes to the HTML forms code in the past and have made the WML edits
essentially blindly.  I don't know if I've made the WML code better or worse
in the process and have no way to check.  I'm not even sure how to tell if
WML still compiles after my patches.

If the code is completely untested (as I somehow suspect it is) than I think
it's more dangerous to leave the code in than to take it out, given that it
is likely to accumulate more and more bugs as the related code changes.

- James