[webkit-dev] mac-ews and cr-mac-ews

Eric Seidel eric at webkit.org
Fri Apr 8 10:26:36 PDT 2011

Unfortunately the project's patch submission rate has grown such that
the mac-ews and cr-mac-ews are currently over capacity.

I'm working on ordering more hardware.  But until then, it may take a
while (hours instead of minutes) for patches to show green/red on the
mac-ews and cr-mac-ews bubbles.

As I mentioned previously, if anyone has spare hardware lying around,
and wants to run their own EWS, it's as simple as:
webkit-patch mac-ews
from any checkout.  It will prompt you to make sure your'e OK with
throwing away all changes in that checkout.

We have a nice wrapper script if you plan to leave it long running:
./Tools/EWSTools/start-queue.sh cr-mac-ews eseidel-mac2
(but if you're going to do that, you need to set up your paths in a
specific way, which is slightly annoying.)

I'll update webkit-dev when I've gotten the mac/cr-mac EWSes back
under capacity.  That may be a few weeks, sorry.

-eric