[webkit-dev] Resource Cache in WebKit2

Sachin Puranik sachin.puranik at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 23:15:30 PDT 2011

Hi,
so is there a specific reason for not having multiprocess and we are working
on dual process model.

Regards,
Sachin.

On Apr 7, 2011 11:12 AM, "Aneesh Bhasin" <contact.aneesh at gmail.com> wrote:

---Resending : Had accidentally replied only to Darin - adding the
list too in CC now.. my apologies ! ---

Hi Darin,

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 7:26 PM, Darin Adler <darin at apple.com> wrote:
> WebKit2 has only one web pro...
Yes, I saw that when I was going through the code. But it is still
possible (please correct me if I am wrong here) to create a new Web
Context every time,say, a new window/tab is opened. And each web
context will have its own Web Process in such a case - all
communicating to the same 'UI Process'. So, my question was in
reference to such a use case. Right now, each web context (and hence
each Web Process) will have its own independent resource cache - right
?

Also, as and when a WebContext starts supporting multiple Web Process,
will there be single unified resource cache for each context shared
amongst all the web processes in that context ?

Thanks for your reply..

Regards,
Aneesh