[webkit-dev] Can we show failing test list on waterfall?

Adam Barth abarth at webkit.org
Fri Apr 1 15:14:17 PDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 3:08 PM, Adam Roben <aroben at apple.com> wrote:
> On Apr 1, 2011, at 5:54 PM, Adam Barth wrote:
>> Can we show the list of failing layout tests in buildbot's "waterfall"
>> display so we don't have to click through to the results.html file?
>
> How would they be displayed? There isn't much room on the waterfall fore more information.

For example, the downstream Chromium canaries just list the names of
the first couple tests (without paths):

[[
frame-programmatic-noresize.html
]]

Even just the first dozen characters of the name would be helpful to
see at-a-glance whether it's the same test failing on multiple bots.

>> Also, can we change the [view results] link so that it goes directly
>> to results.html instead of the directory listing?  Personally, I
>> always click through to results.html because it's so much prettier
>> than the directory listing.
>
> That can be done by modifying Tools/BuildSlaveSupport/build.webkit.org-config/master.cfg. Just search for "view results".

Cool.  Looks like Ossy is going to write a patch.

Adam