[webkit-dev] New Rich Text Editing Test suite

Roland Steiner rolandsteiner at google.com
Thu Sep 30 18:58:01 PDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 10:49 AM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa at webkit.org> wrote:

> Mn... I realized something strange here.
>
> RTE2-AC_JF_TEXT-1_SC fails on WebKit TOT and the test is: JustifyFull on
> "foo^bar".  However, it clearly works on WebKit when I test it manually.  It
> why the test claims that WebKit fails on this particular test.

That is probably one of the areas that needs discussion - the way the suite
is set up currently, it doesn't allow for "superfluous" HTML elements. I.e.,
my guess is that it fails because of the extra <br> (ATM I don't have a TOT
WebKit browser, so can't confirm for sure). I have added cases like this as
"acceptable" (but not ideal) results for some tests, but not yet all of them
(if we want to add this, then I guess I should implement some systematic way
to check these rather than adding it by hand, though).

Cheers,

- Roland