[webkit-dev] X-Purpose on prefetching requests

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at webkit.org
Tue Sep 28 08:58:39 PDT 2010

28.09.2010, в 07:58, Gavin Peters (蓋文彼德斯) написал(а):

> Noone has commented on this thread in some time; is this less controversial now?

I've presented some concerns about the effect of this on enterprise network monitors.

It it also not really clear what the benefits of the proposed approach are. It's beginning to sound like this header doesn't even help statistics much, and the only practical use is refusing to serve a request under high load. But I suspect that there is not much difference between returning a 5xx response and serving a cached pseudo-static version of a resource. It should be much easier to implement the latter (which lots of servers obviously already do) than to change behavior based on current load.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov