[webkit-dev] [webkit-changes] [68146] trunk/WebCore

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at webkit.org
Thu Sep 23 12:25:12 PDT 2010

23.09.2010, в 11:40, Luiz Agostini написал(а):

> This code is not used yet, I just aded it yesterday and plan to use it soon. The assertion, that I have introduced, was wrong because the case callType == CallTypeNone must be handled.
>
> It is not about correcting existing problems because I just introduced this code. It will not cause any regressions because the code that will use it did not land yet, it is in review process.

Yes, I understand that this didn't break any behavior in ToT.

My question was somewhat different. If you landed the code that uses ScriptCallback without fixing this mistake, would that have made any existing regression tests break? We just need test coverage for the fix, and hopefully existing tests provide it.

> I am sorry if I made you spend your time. Next time please contact me, it is easy to find me. I have been working actively in webkit for a while, I am always in iRC (lca), my name, email and IRC user can be found in http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/WebKit%20Team and I am willing to help, answer, change or whatever is needed. And of course I would reply to any comment in the bug.

I'm sorry if this came across as an attack on you. My goal was to encourage reviewers to ensure that patches have adequate documentation and test coverage, and that's why I chose to bring this up on the list.

In earlier years of the project, we often said that it's the reviewer who is responsible for any problems with a landed patch. But thinking about it, this hasn't been the theme lately, for better or worse.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov