[webkit-dev] Review tool changes

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Mon Sep 20 11:32:41 PDT 2010

On Sep 20, 2010, at 10:22 AM, Darin Fisher wrote:

> How about this?
>
> If any annotations were made to the patch, then "the button" gets named Preview.  Else, the button is named "Publish" and when clicked performs its work in one shot.
>
> Was there a strong outcry for removing the preview step?  I only found it bothersome when I wanted to issue a quick r=me on a patch that didn't require any additional changes.

Good idea. Here’s another idea:

The button starts out named Preview and works with a preview.

If the review or commit-queue flag is altered then the button is changed to “Publish” and works without a preview.

Thus if I like the preview work flow, I don’t set those flags until I get to the preview page. If I like the faster work flow, I can set a flag and then push Publish.

One type of person who is not served by my proposal is someone who wants to add comments only and not set a flag but wants the faster work flow.

    -- Darin