[webkit-dev] Why is ResourceHandle.cpp in WebKit/chromium/src

Adam Barth abarth at webkit.org
Fri Sep 10 17:41:53 PDT 2010

In investigating the loader, I noticed that Chromium's
ResourceHandle.cpp is in WebKit/chromium/src.  ResourceHandle is a
WebCore/platform abstract.  Most of the other implementations of
ResourceHandle are in
WebCore/platform/mumble/ResourceHandleMumble.cpp.

Is there a reason why Chromium uses a different design?  Normally, we
need a use a virtual function to jump from WebCore to WebKit/chromium.
 It looks like we're avoiding that in this case, at the cost of
blurring the layer boundaries.

Adam