[webkit-dev] Why is the Windows WebKit2 bot slower than the SnowLeopard WebKit2 bot? (was: Re: Leopard Debug and Windows Debug test bots are too slow)

Adam Roben aroben at apple.com
Fri Sep 10 05:15:11 PDT 2010

On Sep 10, 2010, at 8:11 AM, Adam Roben wrote:

> It's interesting that ~45 minutes elapse between builds for the Windows WebKit2 bot, but only ~18 minutes elapse between builds for the SnowLeopard WebKit2 bot. We should figure out where the extra time is being spent!

Looking at <http://build.webkit.org/builders/Windows%20Debug%20%28WebKit2%20Tests%29/builds/633> vs. <http://build.webkit.org/builders/SnowLeopard%20Intel%20Release%20%28WebKit2%20Tests%29/builds/1624>:

jscore-test took 267 seconds on Windows vs. 18 seconds on SnowLeopard
layout-test took 1711 seconds on Windows vs. 601 seconds on SnowLeopard

That adds up to an extra 22.5 minutes on Windows, which explains most of the difference between the two.

Perhaps the biggest issue is that Windows is using Debug builds, while Mac is using Release? Maybe we should change the Windows WebKit2 bot to use Release builds.

-Adam