[webkit-dev] Color Management

Brent Fulgham bfulgham at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 12:32:22 PDT 2010

Igor,

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 7:52 AM, Darin Adler <darin at apple.com> wrote:
> On Sep 2, 2010, at 6:39 AM, Igor Trindade Oliveira wrote:
>
>> My concern about this approach is have duplicated code in platform code because many of them do not provide any kind of ICC profile support(qt and cairo for example).

To properly support this on Qt and Cairo (perhaps Skia?) we just need
to add the logic to the platform/graphics layer of WebKit.  We already
do this with certain common functions such as JPEG decoding and so
forth.  We could add a 'little CMS' support directory and place the
logic here, then use its functions from within the specific
Cairo/Qt/etc backends.

You should file a bug about this request, along with some specifics of
how this feature could be validated.  I must admit to being pretty
clueless when it comes to CMS support, and how to verify that things
are working properly.  Plus I'm color blind!

-Brent