[webkit-dev] attached()

Eric Seidel eric at webkit.org
Thu Sep 9 10:27:47 PDT 2010

You would know this code better than I:
http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/WebCore/dom/Node.cpp#L747

It's not clear to me how lazyAttach() ends up calling attach in the
end (or if it does).  It seems impossible that it would end up calling
attach later since lazyAttach normally marks elements as attached().
However since many elements override attach() the lazyAttach() code
path might be doing the wrong thing for many elements.

Again, I'm not changing when lazyAttach() is called, just making
<frame>/<object> be lazy-attach-safe.  I'm glad we're having this
discussion though as I would like to make a wider deployment of
lazyAttach after this lands.  I think it could be a PLT win (and
certainly a parser benchmark win!)