[webkit-dev] trouble installing tools

software visualization softwarevisualization at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 13:16:13 PDT 2010

Hi,
I am trying to go through the process of installing the tools needed to look
at webkit, as detailed here:

http://webkit.org/building/tools.html

I am building on XP64. I don't own Visual Studio 2005 so I am going to use
Express 2005.

In part 2 of the instructions the following appears:

In addition to the paths specified in step 3 of the Platform SDK
installation instructions, you must also add the following include path.
Update the Visual C++ directories in the Projects and Solutions section in
the Options dialog box:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003
R2\Include\mfc

My issue is, no such path 9or similar) exists on my machine, that is

*C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003
R2\Include\mfc *

does not exist and

*C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2\Include
*

does not exist and

*C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2\*

does not exist and

*C:\Program Files\ *any similarly named  or likely path involving Microsoft
anything*  \ Include*

When I actually use the* tools-> options -> VC++ directories --> new
entry *file
system navigation widget to inspect my file system, it's pretty clear that
beyond *C:\Program Files  *, I have no way to credibly complete the
specified path except to create the entire thing.

Am I wrong to assume that the path ought to already exist on my machine and
I'm just including it in the "include directories"?

TIA