[webkit-dev] Pixel test experiment

Nikolas Zimmermann zimmermann at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Oct 8 23:18:33 PDT 2010

Am 08.10.2010 um 20:14 schrieb Jeremy Orlow:

> I'm not an expert on Pixel tests, but my understanding is that in
> Chromium (where we've always run with tolerance 0) we've seen real
> regressions that would have slipped by with something like tolerance
> 0.1.  When you have 0 tolerance, it is more maintenance work, but if
> we can avoid regressions, it seems worth it.

Well, that's why I initially argued for tolerance 0. Especially in SVG
we had lots of regressions in the past that were below the 0.1
tolerance. I fully support --tolerance 0 as default.

Dirk & me are also willing to investigate possible problem sources and
minimize them.
Reftests as Simon said, are a great thing, but it won't help with
official test suites like the W3C one - it would be a huge amount of
work to create reftests for all of these...

Cheers,
Niko