[webkit-dev] ArrayBuffer supprot

Jian Li jianli at chromium.org
Fri Oct 8 14:46:23 PDT 2010

Hi,

I am looking into hooking up ArrayBuffer support in FileReader and
BlobBuilder. It seems that most of the typed array types (ArrayBuffer,
ArrayBufferView, Uint8Array, and etc) have already been implemented in
WebKit, except TypedArray.get() and DataView.

Currently all these typed array supports are put under 3D_CANVAS feature
guard. Since they're going to be widely used in other areas, like File API
and XHR, should we remove the conditional guard 3D_CANVAS from all the
related files? Should we also move these files out of html\canvas, say into
html\ or html\typearrays?

In addition, get() is not implemented for typed array views. Should we add
it?

Jian