[webkit-dev] Pixel test experiment

Nikolas Zimmermann zimmermann at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Oct 8 00:51:24 PDT 2010

Am 07.10.2010 um 22:28 schrieb Evan Martin:

> Chromium also runs pixel tests (for all tests).  For SVG, I recall we
> have problems where 32-bit and 64-bit code will end up drawing
> (antialiasing) curves differently.  Does this sound familiar?  Do you
> have any suggestions on how to address it?

This doesn't sound familiar, because I don't have many machines to
test with. I'm mainly working on an older MacBook Pro, using 10.5, 32
bits,
and a new MacBook Pro using 10.6 which is 64 bits. The pixel test
baseline in platform/mac/svg is generated using the 10.6 machine, the
10.5
baseline using the other 32 bit machine. If I recall correctly, I only
saw a few AA differences, but much more font differences.

When we had pixel tests enabled in the past, I recall that eg. the
Leopard bot passed them 100%, and I had several hundred tests failing
on my local leopard machine. Do you guys have baselines that pass on
"most" developer machines (default installations of eg. win, no
special fonts installed)
_and_ the bot? Or do you always rely on the pixel test results from
the bots, and don't run pixel test locally?

Cheers,
Niko