[webkit-dev] Layering violations

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Thu Oct 7 18:14:29 PDT 2010

On Oct 7, 2010, at 12:50 AM, Nikolas Zimmermann wrote:

> I'm looking for the right way to fix this long standing layering violation. Feedback appreciated!

These classes, ImageData and CanvasPixelArray, are all about interface to JavaScript. They should stay in the higher HTML level.

It seems to me that it would be fine to have a class that held width, height, and a ByteArray of image data. But there’s no reason to reference count such a class. I think adding a new class in the platform layer for that would be OK.

But I don’t understand how we would decide when to use a ByteArray and when to use a Vector<char> instead.

    -- Darin