[webkit-dev] how to create a test that can perform actions while resources are still loading?

Ojan Vafai ojan at chromium.org
Thu Oct 7 08:15:43 PDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 4:42 PM, Darin Adler <darin at apple.com> wrote:

> On Oct 6, 2010, at 4:36 PM, Jenn Braithwaite (胡慧鋒) wrote:
>
> > I've also tried making this an http test using a slow loading iframe, but
> the window onload handler for the page does not run until after its iframe
> has finished loading.
>
> This seems OK. You can put your test code somewhere other than the load
> handler. For example, an inline script:
>
>    <script>
>    test();
>    </script>
>
> That will run right away and won’t wait for the window load event.

I'm not 100% sure, so take this with a grain of salt, but I think there are
cases where iframes the load immediately (e.g. if the resource is cached).

To avoid race conditions, I think you need the frames to actually never
finish loading. I thought there were some HTTP tests that have resources
that intentionally never finish loading. I'd look in the
LayoutTests/http/tests for files with 'slow' in the name.

Ojan