[webkit-dev] Inspector module

Pavel Feldman pfeldman at chromium.org
Thu Oct 7 02:32:54 PDT 2010

Hi,

It sounds like you are experimenting with the alternate front-end for the
inspector controller (something we are not quite ready for). Today, remote
debugging is working with our front-end only. You can play with it on
chromium's ToT/Dev build via launching it with --remote-debugging-port=9222
flag and connecting to it from another chromium instance. Sniffing the
network traffic would give you a good clue on what you might be missing.

In your particular case, most likely you are not performing appropriate
handshake where front-end is supposed to push its injected script into the
inspector backend. Among other things, injected script is responsible for
mirroring objects and hence building call frame objects. InjectedScript.js
is the content being pushed by the original front-end. Invoking a dispatch
method on inspector controller with injected script content should do the
trick for you.

irc://irc.freenode.net/#webkit-inspector is where you can ask questions on
debugging and webkit inspector.

Regards
Pavel