[webkit-dev] Supporting css ime-mode property

Ryosuke Niwa rniwa at webkit.org
Tue Oct 5 10:56:47 PDT 2010

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 10:38 AM, Alexey Proskuryakov <ap at webkit.org> wrote:

> There are big questions remaining:
> - Do we really want to implement an IE extension in a way that's way
> different from IE?

We support many features that IE initially implemented; HTML editing is a
good example.  Also, I don't think the difference between IE and Firefox's
implementation affects CJK websites, which presumably will be the primary
users of ime-mode. We really should have named this property as
cjk-ime-mode!

> - What to do on platforms other than Mac and Windows?

We can do whatever is "appropriate" or not support it at the moment.

> - What to do with the harm from future misuse, which is more than likely,
> given that most (all?) suggested use cases were wrong?

I think it's websites' fault if they misuse CSS property.

- Ryosuke