[webkit-dev] Supporting css ime-mode property

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at webkit.org
Mon Oct 4 22:06:35 PDT 2010

04.10.2010, в 18:59, Kenichi Ishibashi написал(а):

> As the MDC document noted, it's not appropriate for excessive use of
> this property, but, IMHO, supporting this property would be helpful
> for people who musta take care of input method related stuff.

I still think that this feature would be actively harmful - even native applications that only target one platform often get IME wrong - there is no chance a web app would do it right on all major platforms. Sticking with platform default behavior is best.

In the use cases the were discussed in the bug, support for ime-mode would have harmed international savvy behavior.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov